Monday, October 7, 2013

I'm back ....

It's been a while since I posted here. June and July were busy with the dragon boat team and on August 8 Margaret and I left on another one of our wonderful adventures - Ypres, Paris, Brittany, Northumberland, a two week cruise of the Baltic Capitals and St Petersburg, and then eight days in London - 46 days total !
I was a little worried about how I would manage, but I had a cane for balance when I was walking short distances and a great little mobility scooter for our longer outings.
I have been asked what the highlight of the trip is for me and, without a doubt, it is people. We had wonderful week long visits with friends in Brittany and Northumberland, short but sweet visits with friends in London, and two great weeks with brand new friends on the ship.

Now we are home and reality has slapped me in the face. It seems that there are a lot more things I can't do.It feels like I ask Margaret 100 times a day to do something for me.I am so lucky to have her in my life !

In the picture above I am taking a photo of a cornflower. It is the symbol for ALS. Margaret grew them for me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment