Monday, November 11, 2013

Margaret

When I was first diagnosed, we had a little uh-oh chuckle when we acknowledged that I am the natural caregiver type ... Margaret .. not so much. As she said, she was no Florence Nightingale !
Well, Florence or not, she has certainly risen to this challenge.
She has been with me every step of the way. From the moment I wake up until I'm asleep at night, she has been doing things for me. A typical morning will include - make coffee, get breakfast, turn shower on, put cream on my face and body and product in my hair, load toothbrush, help me dress, open or close at least 10 things for me ... and we're not even at lunchtime yet (which she will make).
She is very intuitive and will often think of things for me before I do. When I am faced with another challenge, we brainstorm together to find a solution.
It bears repeating - I am so lucky to have her in my life !

No comments:

Post a Comment